The Kerala State Financial Enterprises Limited, popularly known as KSFE,
- Is a Miscellaneous Non-Banking Finance Company,
- Is fully owned by the Government of Kerala.
- Is one of the most profit-making public sector undertaking of the State.
- Formed by the Government of Kerala with the objective of providing an alternative to the public from the private chit promoters in order to bring in social control over the chit fund business, so as to save the public from the clutches of unscrupulous fly-by-night chit fund operators.
- Has been registering impressive profits every year, without fail since its inception.
KSFE pays to the Government of Kerala crores of rupees every year by way of:
- Guarantee Commission
- Service Charges